Home automation, sometimes referred to as a ‘digital smart home’ is essentially the integration of various home technologies and tasks allowing them to operate in sync and with full control. These technologies may comprise security, lighting, irrigation, multi-room audio and home theater, to the basic comforts such as heating, ventilation air-conditioning and blind control.
Scenes can then be created to simultaneously operate your home in perfect synchronization. Below are a few scenarios to demonstrate what is possible with home automation.
- A button is pressed – the lights go off, blinds go down, television turns off.
- The bathroom door is opened – the window opens and light & fan turns on for 10minutes.
- It rains 4mm an hour for 4hours – the irrigation system compensates for the extra 16mm of rainfall
- The door bell is pressed – an announcement is made over the multi-room audio system and front CCTV displayed on TV
- The solar panel is producing sufficient energy – the hot water cylinder witches to solar heating
- 30dB of noise is detected – a notification warning is sent
ACS offers residential, commercial and aged care integration solutions that provide greater functionality and simplicity while being more cost effective than available alternatives.